Thursday, July 23, 2009

Hola chicos y chicas,

I have officially been in China for about 2 weeks! Yesterday, the entire school and I saw the solar eclipse on the beach: Apparently, I just witnessed the longest solar eclipse of the 21st century; you can read more about it here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_eclipse_of_July_22,_2009.

Also, facebook is being a piece of crap so I can't respond to messages, I apologize. Today, the topic of class was "loneliness," so of course we had the students do skits using pick-up lines. We had some classy lines such as "Hey, you look a lot like my next girlfriend" and "Is it hot in here or is it just you?" Indeed, we are teaching Chinese students very important life lessons...

One of the other interns, Alex, describes how Asian girls walk here as the "shopping cart walk": First, you must lose all pride. Then, look down, shuffle your feet, and pretend to be pushing a shopping cart hahaha. Aaaaand we want to take a trip to Qinhuangdao to see HP6 because we still haven't seen it yet! DON'T RUB IT IN MY FACE :(

Peace.

- Willa

2 comments:

  1. hey, if firewalls are a problem, try logging onto Northwestern's VPN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baha, "first you must lost all pride"

    I love it.

    ReplyDelete