Friday, July 24, 2009

Cloud 9

Whuddup people,

So I am not starting work until Monday. Since things may get pretty busy this weekend, I decided to write another post, as it may be a while since I write again.

I arrived at Delhi yesterday and was picked up by 2 AIESECers! Once I reached my apartment in Lajpat Nagar (where I am staying in Delhi) I was amazed to see how many Trainees there were here. In the building I am staying in, the 3rd floor's 2 apartments are totally owned by us AIESECers, and holds 17 people! So after lugging my 3 bags (hey im staying here for a year ok!) up the 3 flights of stairs, I was dead tired! The weather here is unbelievably hot! Anywho, I met some of the board members from AIESEC-Delhi University, who were very very nice, and some of us trainees and the AIESEC-DU'ers all went out to eat some traditional Indian food - McDonalds. We hung out there for a while then headed to a Trainee party for a Trainee leaving on Monday.

I was so amazed at how many people came to the party! It turns out that weve got about 60 trainees here from all over the world staying in 7 apartments!!! Together we have Trainees from Chec Republic, Hungary, Turkey, America, Greece, Colombia, UK, Canada, Poland, China, Japan, Mexico, Romania, Italy, New Zealand... AND MORE! For those of you AIESECers reading this, this place legit is like living in a live Global Village!!

Everyone here is amazing, and I am learning so much! Today I just chilled and watched a movie with a Polish girl who couldnt go to work today cuz she hurt her leg so we had some fun today.
Aparently the clubs here love foreiners, so if we go to the bars tonight (not really me since I fit in, I more mean the white girls ;-) we get can in for free (otherwise they have crazy expensive covers - like $20) and the drinks are on the house. Oh on a random note the girl to guy ratio is like 60:40, and everyone seems to be attractive, so we are in good hands.

Everyone here influences each other, as we all put our fingers together and point them into the sky like were italian, we allll nod our head from side to side as a way of saying yes, and it seems like everyone here speaks Spanish which is great cuz it allows me to practice my Spanish!!! After hearing everyones cool accents, I feel so boring speaking in my american Accent!!

Ok enough for today people!
- Munj

2 comments:

  1. Mickey D's sounds great, but what's an AIESECer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!

    Good to see this blog. I am an AIESEC trainee living in the trainee house in Kalkaji (we have 2 flats with abt 12-15 ppl at a time). As I notice you guys are handles by AIESEC DU while we are handled by AIESEC DI.

    Unfortunately I do not have a blog, but we would like to connect with other aiesec trainees over facebook. Please add me: Sam Karandagoda.

    PS: Abt me...

    I am from Sri Lanka. I started my internship at Tata Consultancy Services back in Aug 2009.

    ReplyDelete